Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Bungalow: Recap

I loved this little house and selling it was definitely bittersweet for me.  Regardless of my lack of employment keeping it had become impractical once I'd moved in with my then boyfriend, now husband.  Can you ever really go from living together to not?  Looking back at it now I appreciate just how precarious my situation was, but I don't think I really got it at the time.  Had things gone badly I could have very likely ended up in foreclosure and bankruptcy, another victim of the high unemployment rate.

Thankfully I got the house done, on the market and had a cash over asking offer in a little over 3 weeks.  I was able to replay the loan I'd taken to finish the work and then some.  I couldn't have hoped for a better outcome.  And for that, I will always be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment