Tuesday, December 20, 2011

London: My Favorites

 I was fortunate enough to be able to tag along on my husband's business trip to London in October.  I have to admit I love having the days to myself to wander in solitude while he's working.  I can spend hours just meandering through neighborhoods admiring the architectural details.

A few of my favorites from the trip:

Neighborhood: Chealsea
It's just beautiful for the sake of being beautiful.  Their unofficial slogan seems to be 'nothing need not be beautiful'.

Item I wish I could have brought home:  This wallpaper
I still dream of it.

Building: Opera House
Not overly significant but I caught sight of the spire while walking to the National Gallery and it sucked me in.  I loved every little detail.

Shopping: The Burlington Arcade
Antique and vintage jewelry in cases and cases.  I could have died.  A pair of angel skin coral Art Deco drop earrings are forever burned into my brain.

Random photo:  I just love it

No comments:

Post a Comment