Monday, August 22, 2011

Local Artist: DJ Herda

I recently had the pleasure of meeting local artist, DJ Herda.  In addition to being a genuinely nice guy, he's an incredibly talented photographer.

I was immediately drawn to his work, and with images like this who can blame me??




 And I really love his entire series of photos of the wild mustangs.....


DJ does standard printing as well as gallery wraps, split gallery wraps (which I LOVE) and a really cool split metal printing technique I can't wait to use somewhere.

I included some custom photographs by DJ in a design proposal I presented recently, but whether it's on this project or a future one I hope to be able to incorporate his work into a project soon.  I love the idea of custom (or semi-custom) art work that is uniquely created with a specific space in mind and supporting local artists in the process.  If you're in the market for some new art work I strongly suggest reaching out to artists in your area whose work you like, in general they are pretty accommodating and willing to work within any reasonable budget constraints.

More of DJ's work can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment