Friday, August 26, 2011

Our House: The Laundry Room

I feel like this little room has dragged on forever.....pretty much because it has and that's totally my fault.  Anyway!

This is the only 'before' I have of this space and it's not really a before, it's more of an in progress photo. You don't get to see the gross laundry tub and blah flooring that was there when we closed.  The new tile had already been laid (and was being protected) and the trim painting had already started.



When we moved in, we had this.....


The upper cabinets were existing, we added the crown and had them sprayed BM White Dove (using Cabinet Coat). No doors in this picture because they were still being sprayed when we moved in.  I figured of all the things to live without this wasn't the worst thing in the world.  The walls are painted BM Quiet Moments.  The floor tile was a closeout tile from a local supplier. There was barely enough of it to get that room done.

I really wanted a built-in look to the washer and dryer so I had a carpenter build a cabinet and side panel the same overall style as the (very simple) cabinets above.


And after what seems like a ridiculously long time I'm finally completely and totally done with it.  The cabinets are all painted with the Cabinet Coat in BM White Dove.  I had a carpenter build the countertop using one of the Wilsonart HD laminates (to coordinate with the granite in our kitchen).



Trying to keep jackets from ending up in the kitchen I added a couple of hooks from Lowe's, the mirror was a consignment shop gold mirror (though even and I type this I'm contemplating swapping it out for a faux bamboo gold mirror I have in one of the guest rooms) spray painted Heirloom White and the table a flea market find.

So mostly I'm done....unless I swap out the mirror, decide to paint the table, or get motivated to DIY some faux roman shades.  

I'd like to think it'll stay this tidy but let's be real.  Not going to happen! 

2 comments: