Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Bungalow: Master Suite

I looked at the Bungalow on the very first day I went house hunting.  I told my realtor that this house was the contender to beat when I gave her the MLS numbers for the homes I wanted to see that day.  I knew that this was the house I wanted just based on the exterior photos and description.

With two bedrooms and a full bath on the first floor and an partially finished attic with a 3/4 bath I was pretty much my idea space.  I planned for the entire 2nd floor to be a Master Suite.  The small bedroom in the back to be the closet, the large open room in the front the bedroom and the bathroom right in between the two.

You can see the stairs leading up to the attic through the open door in this picture.  The bathroom was opposite the top of those stairs and the small back bedroom adjacent.


    
Drywall and a lot of paint later



I went back and forth on whether or not to carpet the 2nd floor but ultimately had the existing pine flooring refinished.  The pine that was there really wasn't meant for finish flooring but my hardwood refinisher claimed that he had a lot of people in the area doing it with good results.  All the feedback I got on it was positive.  I totally would have painted that floor with some sort of pattern had this ended up being my bedroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment